Early 2013: A class-action lawsuit were filed against the makers of 5-Hour ENERGY® Drink for deceptively advertising that consumers who drink it will get hours of energy and won’t crash later. According to the complaint, studies have shown that over 25 percent of users suffer a caffeine crash. To see the complaints, click on the case information below.
- Bruce Pettway v. Innovation Ventures, LLC., d/b/a Living Essentials, Case No. 2:13-cv-00248 N.D. Ala.
- Guarino v. Innovation Ventures LLC, Case No. 13-cv-00101, S.D. Ill.
- Forrest v Innovation Ventures LLC, Case No. 13-cv-00172, E.D. Mo.
- Waring v. Innovation Ventures LLC, Case No. 13-cv-00156, E.D. La.
- McCray et al. v. Innovation Ventures, LLC., Case No. 13-cv-06014, N.D. GA.