Advertised Servings of Folgers Coffee
- Folgers Classic Roast coffee say that the product makes up to 380 cups when the product makes approximately 267 cups;
- Folgers Black Silk coffee say that the product makes up to 210 cups when the product makes approximately 149 cups; and
- Folgers Classic Decaf say that the product makes up to 240 cups of coffee when the products makes approximately 181 cups.
June 2020: A class-action lawsuit was filed against The Folger Coffee Company and J. M. Smucker Company alleging that canisters of Folgers coffees do not make the number of cups of coffee represented on the label. Specifically, the complaint claims that the packaging of:
- Folgers Classic Roast coffee says that the coffee in the canister makes 380 six-fluid ounce cups of coffee when, according to the complaint, it makes approximately 265-275 cups;
- several flavors of Folgers coffee – including French Roast Med-Dark, House Blend Medium, and Breakfast Blend Mild – represents that the coffee in the canister makes 210 cups of coffee when, according to plaintiffs, it makes approximately 150-160 cups; and
- other flavors – including Class Decaf Medium and Simply Smooth Mild – makes 240 cups of coffee when, according to plaintiffs, the coffee in each canister makes approximately 170-180 cups.
(Sorin et al v. The Folger Coffee Company and J. M. Smucker Company, Case No. 20-cv-80897, S.D. Fla.)
For more of TINA.org’s coverage of coffee, click here.