Discounts at Guess Outlet Stores
- Class members without proof of purchase or who have proof of less than $25 of purchases may receive one voucher for $4 off of any purchase or $5 off of a purchase of $20 or more;
- Class members who have proof of $25.01-$75 of purchases may receive one voucher for $8 off of any purchase or $10 off of a purchase of $35 or more;
- Class members who have proof of $75.01-$250 of purchases may receive one voucher for $9 off of any purchase or two vouchers for $10 off of a purchase of $35 or more; and
- Class members who have proof of more than $250.01 of purchases may receive one voucher for $12 off of any purchase or three vouchers for $10 off of a purchase of $35 or more.
Class members who receive direct notice of the settlement will automatically receive a voucher for $8 off of any purchase unless they complete a claim form requesting different relief. For more information, go to http://www.inreguessoutletpricingsettlement.com/.
September 2016: The Adame/Milton and Borsch cases were consolidated. (JCCP No. 4883)
May 2016: Another class-action lawsuit was filed alleging Guess deceptively makes consumers believe they are getting discounts by comparing outlet prices to inflated retail prices that do not reflect prices at which the items have been sold. (Borsh et al v. Guess?, Inc., Case No. CGC-16-551789, California State Court – San Francisco)
January 2016: An amended complaint consolidating the class actions was filed.
April 2015: Two class-action lawsuits were filed against Guess for allegedly misleadingly representing discounts on outlet products. According to the complaints, the stores make customers think they are getting a more significant discount by comparing the outlet store price to a higher price when items are never actually sold at the higher price. In addition, the complaints claim items were manufactured to be sold exclusively at outlet stores without ever beings sold at retail stores. Click on the case information for more.
- Adame v. Guess Inc., Case No. BC579128, Superior Court of California for the County of Los Angeles
- Milton et al v. Guess?, Inc., Guess? Retail, Inc., and Does 1-50, Case No. BC580216, Superior Court of California – County of Los Angeles
For more information about other class-action lawsuits regarding the misleading marketing of discounts and TINA.org’s coverage of the issue, click here.
For more information about other class-action lawsuits regarding the advertising at outlet stores and TINA.org’s coverage of the issue, click here.