EOS Lip Balms
- Ballenilla-Blondett v. EOS Products
- Bevins v. EOS Products
- Caggiano v. EOS Products
- Cronin v. EOS Products
- Everett v. EOS Products
- Gannuccelli v. EOS Products
- Jones v. EOS Products
- Menz v. EOS Products
- Sanitago v. EOS Products
September 2017: The Cronin and Gilsleider cases were consolidated.
June 2017: A federal judge denied preliminary approval of the proposed settlement finding several issues with the agreement, including issues with the notice plan, the monetary relief, the injunctive relief, and the attorneys’ fees. To learn more about all of the Court’s findings, click here to read the full decision.
November 2016: Plaintiffs moved for preliminary approval of a proposed settlement resolving the actions listed below. The settlement will provide class members with the following monetary relief:
- Class members who suffered an adverse reaction – such as rashes, dryness, blistering, or infection – may receive a payment of $75 for medical expenses;
- Class members with a complaint on EOS’s complaint database may receive either an award of $15 or a mail-in rebate for $20 worth of EOS products; and
- Class members who claim to have “extraordinary, verifiable medical expenses and/or verifiable consequential damages as a direct result of the use of EOS lip balm” may choose to have a jointly-selected arbitrator hear their claims (the award is capped at $4,000).
In addition, the company agreed to make additional disclosures on products and its website.
April 2016: The Tipirneni case was voluntarily dismissed in order to be reinstituted as part of the proposed settlement in the Cronin case.
Early 2016: Multiple class-action lawsuits have been filed against EOS Products for, among other things, allegedly failing to disclose that its lip balms may cause serious adverse side effects, including rashes, dryness, bleeding, blistering, and cracking. To read complaints filed against EOS Products, click on the case information below.
- Ballenilla-Blondett et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-1219, S. D.N.Y.
- Bevins et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-66, S.D. Ohio
- Caggiano et al v. EOS Products, LLC and Does 1-10, Case No. 16-cv-408, S. D.N.Y.
- Cronin et al v. EOS Products, LLC and Does 1-10, Case No. 16-cv-235, C.D. Cal.
- Everett et al v. EOS Products, LLC and Does 1-10, Case No. 16-cv-140, M.D. Fla.
- Gannuccelli et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-1358, S.D.N.Y.
- Gilsleider et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-283, C.D. Cal.
- Jones et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-321, D. Md.
- Menz et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-128, M.D. Fla.
- Santiago et al v. EOS Products, LLC, Case No. 16-cv-198, D. Conn.
- Tipirneni et al v. EOS Products, LLC and Does 1-10, Case No. 16-cv-2022, C.D. Ill.
For more information about class-action lawsuits filed against EOS Products and TINA.org’s coverage of the company, click here.