Published on July 17th, 20130
Greens and Whole Foods Supplements
Out of the 11 products that ConsumerLab.com tested, 6 were found to be problematic.
- All Day Energy Greens: Contained 6.0 mcg of lead per serving. The California Proposition 65 limit on lead is .5 mcg per serving.
- Gary Null’s Green Stuff: Contained 9.7 mcg of lead per serving.
- InnerLight Supergreens: Contained 8.7 to 11.6 mcg of lead per serving.
- Now Spirulina: Tablets did not dissolve within 60 minutes.
- The Ultimate Meal: Contained more than twice the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention limit for aerobic bacteria. Also has labeling that does not conform to standard FDA format.
- Vibrant Health Green Vibrance: Contained 24.3 mcg of arsenic per serving, 5.4 mcg of which was the most toxic form of arsenic. In water, the EPA limits arsenic to 10 mcg per liter.
Not all health supplements are healthy. Do your research before purchasing.