Who Can You Complain to in Oklahoma?

Office of the Attorney General
Public Protection Unit
313 NE 21st St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-3921 (Oklahoma City)
(918) 581-2885 (Tulsa)

To file a complaint online, click here.

Oklahoma’s Laws

Here’s a snapshot of Oklahoma’s laws regarding deceptive advertising:

Oklahoma Code § 15-753: Lists a number of acts that are deemed unlawful, including, but not limited, using false and misleading statements in connection with consumer transactions, and advertising a good or service with intent not to sell it as advertised.

Possible Penalties

Some of the penalties that fraudulent or deceptive advertisers may suffer in Oklahoma include:

Small Claims Court in Oklahoma

If you’re not trying to recover big bucks, but rather just trying to recoup the money you spent on a product or service after being duped by a false ad, then you might consider filing a lawsuit in Small Claims Court.

For general info about filing a lawsuit in Small Claims Court, click here.

For info on how to file a Small Claims lawsuit in Oklahoma, click here.

Researching Consumer Complaints

Oklahoma’s Attorney General considers consumer complaints part of confidential investigative files exempt from public disclosure. Consumers may be able to obtain the number of complaints filed against a business by sending a Freedom of Information request to:

Oklahoma Attorney General
313 NE 21st St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

A sample Freedom of Information request can be found here.

**Please note that this page is informational only and does not take the place of legal advice.  Please also note that the above summary is meant to provide a brief look at the laws in Oklahoma, and not a comprehensive list.**

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The chief law enforcement official in each one of the 50 states; also refers to the person heading the federal government’s Justice Department

A court order that requires a person or company to do a particular act or to refrain from doing a particular act. Example? A court order prohibiting a company from using an ad that’s been deemed deceptive.

Compensation for losses that are proven to have occurred.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑