Timeshares at Westgate Resorts
June 2020: Two class-action lawsuits were filed against Westgate Resorts alleging, among other things, that the resort:
- Encourages sales agents to lie to prospective buyers using high-pressure sales pitches,
- Does not provide sales agents with disclosures to give to prospective buyers,
- Hides required disclosures in “secret pockets” in folios,
- Fails to adequately disclose that timeshare interests will be subject to a “floating use” plan, and
- Fails to adequately disclose the terms of the “floating use” plan.
Plaintiffs also claim that timeshare owners are frequently unable to use their timeshares as advertised. Click on the links below to read the complaints.